Founded in the late 19th century by S.F. Bowser, the company began as a producer of kerosene pumps and quickly adapted to the burgeoning demand for gasoline pumps as automobiles grew in popularity. Bowser’s early contribution to the industry was groundbreaking; they introduced the first self-measuring gasoline pump in 1905, a revolutionary development that significantly enhanced the accuracy and efficiency of fuel dispensing. This innovation set a new standard in the industry, making Bowser a household name in gas pump manufacturing. Vic’s 66 is the premiere destination for replica Bowser 565 gas pump parts and accessories.